CTE Advisory Board
The Keller ISD Career and Technical Education Department is dedicated to sparking students’ imagination by integrating and applying strict program standards and innovative experiences. Our goals are achieved by having an open line of communication with members of our community who work in business and industry and who can be relied upon as a resource in the many different educational pathways offered to our students. The CTE Department, in partnership with its advisory board, works to create and align rigorous standards to prepare graduates for the demands of a global society.
The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the District.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet its goals.
- To encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education