Students may attend Keller ISD’s full-day Pre-Kindergarten program free of charge if they are 4 years old by September 1 of the school year and meet any of the following criteria:
- are unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- are educationally disadvantaged (meaning, a student who is eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch program);
- are homeless;
- are the child of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces;
- are the child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces who was injured or killed while on active duty;
- are or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care); or
- are the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
Below are documents that are required:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- Copy of utility bill (gas, water or electric)
Qualifying Documents for Free Full Day Pre-K
- Snap Letter or most recent pay stub for all working members of the family
- Military discharge papers or Military ID
- Court documents that show foster status
The following campuses will host free full-day Pre-K programs (subject to change based on enrollment numbers):
- Early Learning Center North
- Early Learning Center South
- Basswood Elementary
- Caprock Elementary
- Friendship Elementary
- Hidden Lakes Elementary
- Keller-Harvel Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
- North Riverside
- Park Glen Elementary
- Parkview Elementary - Vietnamese Bilingual
Students in Prekindergarten are not eligible to transfer schools during the school year absent extenuating circumstances.
Prekindergarten students will attend kindergarten at their home campus. If a family would like to stay at the student’s prekindergarten for kindergarten, the family may elect to submit a transfer request through the District’s transfer process.
Keller ISD will offer families who do not qualify for free Pre-Kindergarten an opportunity to enroll in a tuition-based program.
Tuition for the 2022-23 school year is $5500 and can be paid over 10 months. Payments can be made monthly or in a single payment. There is also a $100 registration fee.