Keller ISD is excited to expand its current half-day Pre-Kindergarten program for eligible 4-year-olds to a full-day program beginning in the 2020-21 school year.
Texas lawmakers approved funding for the expansion of full-day Pre-K statewide during the 2019 Legislative Session. There may also be opportunities for students who don’t qualify for the free program to participate in a tuition-supported program.
Students may attend Keller ISD’s full-day Pre-Kindergarten program free of charge if they are 4 years old before September 1 of the school year and meet any of the following criteria:
- are unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- are educationally disadvantaged (meaning, a student who is eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch program);
- are homeless;
- are the child of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces;
- are the child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces who was injured or killed while on active duty;
- are or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care); or
- are the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
January 1, 2020 - April 1, 2020 KISD will be accepting pre-registration Intent to Enroll Applications. Families who submit an Intent to Enroll will have priority in selecting the campus pre-k program of their choice.
Click Here to Enter the Intent to Enroll In Full Day Pre-K*
*Link will not be live until after January 1, 2020
Beginning in March of 2020, families who submit an Intent to Enroll will be contacted to set up a registration appointment. Families that did not participate in the Intent to Enroll process should call 817-744-1222 for information about registration.
All documentation must be provided at this appointment. Students will not be placed in a class until the file is complete. Below are documents that are required:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- Copy of utility bill (gas water or electric)
Qualifying Documents for Free Full Day Pre-K
- Snap Letter or most recent pay stub for all working members of the family
- Military discharge papers or Military ID
- Court documents that show foster status
Families interested in a tuition-based program will be entered into a lottery in March, 2020