Welcome to Girls Athletics
You should attend all 3 days of tryouts, be dressed, ready and on time. Good luck, Lady Eagles!
- Mon Oct. 30, Tues. 31st and Wed. Nov. 1
- doors open 6:45am and tryouts begin promptly at 7 (end at 9am during athletic period--2nd period starts at 9:15)
- an email will be sent to everyone who tried out whether you made it or not by 9pm on Wed. Nov.1
- you MUST have a physical to try out and play
- basketball schedule: season begins Thurs. Nov. 9, play Thursdays through Feb. 1 (not over breaks) and Sat. Feb. 3 is A team end of season tournament-updated on basketball page
Need athletics clothes including short and long-sleeved shirts and hoodies: athletics gear orders
Wrestling begins Nov.! Click here to sign up: sign up for wrestling
- Join the ISMS girls athletics Sports You (at sportsyou.com): 3YKFVWF8
- Brushfire tickets all year--have to search to find your game: Brushfire KISD (if playing at a non-KellerISD school, it's a different link--check Sports You or email)
All athletes must have a physical to tryout or play on a team (must be in 7th or 8th grade to tryout)
- Link for online forms are available for 23-24 school year.: online paperwork
- PHYSICAL: UIL physical and medical history form (these should be turned in by May 15). Must be turned in and online forms completed before you can try out for a team or participate in athletics
- Pre-athletics (6th grade) does not need a physical
- See below for list of items needed for each school year
Our sports seasons (tentative schedules are posted in the folder for each sport for 23-24 school year--subject to change):
All girls athletics will be first period this year and volleyball and basketball practices will be before school (arrival 6:50am). Cross country, soccer and track, wrestling and swim will practice after school.
Volleyball (tryouts will be Fri Aug. 18, Mon. Aug. 21, Tues. 22 and -7th before school 6:45am-9am (have athletics per.1) and 8th grade 4- until 5:15pm ) Aug-last week of Oct.).
Cross country (no cut, run after school til 5pm 7th and 8th grade together Aug-Oct) . Practices Mon, Tues, Wed (meet day) after school and Thurs and Fri. 7am.
Basketball (Nov-Feb) practice times same as volleyball (morning 6:50am-9am)
Wrestling (Nov-Feb) M-Th practice after school, bus to Keller High, pickup 6pm
Track (Feb-April) --practices after school until 5pm 7th and 8th grade together (M-Th 4-5pm)
Soccer (April-May) practices after school until 5pm 7th and 8th grade together (M-Th 4-:15)
Swim & wrestling-- Feb-April ride bus to Natatorium and Keller High practice after school Mon-Thurs. til 5:30 or 6pm.
Soccer (April-May)--practices after school 7th and 8th together until 5:15PHYSICAL: UIL physical and medical history form Please take this form to the doctor and then scan and send to me (I will send to the high school for you) or make a copy before you send it in with your daughter. Online formsItems for 2023-24school year:
- lock for athletics locker
- athletics clothes (own black or navy 5 inch inseam minimum shorts) and order a shirt: order
- towel (optional)
- if playing volleyball--black spandex shorts (4 inch inseam minimum) and knee pads
- single subject spiral notebook or composition book
- later in the year, sweat pants and sweatshirt (do not have to be school issued) will be required on cold days
Contact info. for coaches:
Girls Athletic coordinator: Molly.Gneiting@kellerisd.net
Cross Country: firstname.lastname@example.org
Track & Soccer: email@example.com
Wrestling: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
(to see all coaching biographies use tab on left side labeled coaches)
Girls Athletics Handbook:ISMS Girls Athletics handbook
Please see the link for each sport for specific information for that sport.