Safety & Security
At Keller High School, student safety is our top priority. We collaborate with the District security department, Keller Police Department, and other organizations to ensure the safety, security, and well-being of all of our students, staff, and visitors. Our comprehensive safety and security plan includes crisis prevention strategies, preparedness, and response measures designed to prevent and mitigate natural and human-caused disasters.
This year KHS will be working with Crime Stoppers. If you have information about a possible crime being committed, contact Crime Stoppers. You will remain entirely anonymous and at no point will you be required to give your name or any personal information that would expose your identity. You will not have to work with law enforcement directly in order to provide information. You may possess valuable information about a crime that could be used to make an arrest on a felony offender or could provide the missing link in a criminal investigation.
Call the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 817-469-TIPS (8477) or visit their website at www.469tips.com
Prevention & Preparedness Measures
- Secure entrances
- Visitor screening and check-in software
- ID badges for all staff and visitors
- Regular canine detection sweeps
- Cameras throughout the building
- Student Reporting Public Service Announcement
- District Threat Assessment Protocol
- Regular Safety Drills and scenario-based discussions with students
- Lock Out
- Hard Lockdown
- Severe Weather
Keller High School teachers and administrators engage students in discussions regarding emergency scenarios in conjunction with regularly scheduled drills. See the documents below for discussion topics.
Report Bullying or Harrassment
Work the Plan: Student-Family Reunification
- Should an emergency situation arise within Keller ISD while school is in session, the District will activate its "Work the Plan" operation, and your cooperation is essential to its success.
- Click here for more information.