KCAL Special Education Team
In-Class Support provides special education support for students in a general education setting.
In-Class Support Teachers
Walter Noel III - (817) 743-8063
In-Class Support Para Professional
My Community Connections
"My Community Connections" are community based services. Students participate in individualized transition services in a combination of classroom and community-based activities for individuals with disabilities who are 18 to 21 years of age. Individualized support for a successful transition to adult life are provided in the areas of daily living skills, community access and vocational skill development. Students are able to access the community with limited supervision and are working toward independence with self-help skills.
Types of services and instruction
- Independent Living Instruction
- Recreation/Leisure/Community Instruction/Participation
- Instruction in self-determination and self-advocacy skills
- Job Development Skills Instruction
- Contract Work / work simulation activities
- Sheltered employment through contract agency (i.e. Goodwill)
- Job Sampling
- Group Job Training in the community
- Individual Job Training in the Community
- Agency Supported competitive employment.
Community Connections Teachers
Community Connections Para Professionals