Campus Mascot: Falcons
Campus Colors: Blue and gold
A school of excellence shaping the future.
Florence Elementary – an exceptional school exceeding expectations, believing in unlimited possibilities, and adhering to the highest standards.
Florence Elementary, with an unwavering commitment to excellence and in partnership with our community, will achieve the highest standards of performance by providing exceptional educational opportunities for all students.
- Instruction is curriculum based and designed to engage students according to their individual needs through differentiation.
- In empowering students to be independent life-long learners.
- Parents and teachers form a partnership to ensure that children achieve their highest potential.
- Teachers create a safe, stimulating authentic, learner-centered environment enabling each child to reach their full potential.
- Our community and school work together to promote mutual respect and civic responsibility.
- Effective school leadership fosters mutual respect and trust producing a community of learners.
- The needs of the “whole child” will be addressed through UIL, Spelling Bee, PE Central Challenge, Science / Math Night, Reading Olympics, tutoring, and differentiated lessons.
- Instruction will go beyond the district’s Scope and Sequence challenging each student through, innovation, differentiation, student-led and research-based activities.
- Florence Elementary will recruit, develop, and retain a diverse highly qualified staff.
- Florence Elementary will operate in a safe manner so that all students and employees may thrive in a secure and nurturing environment.