At our campus we have several hundred children coming and going each day, and their safety is our priority. Although timeliness and convenience are also factors we consider, they obviously do not take priority over safety. The Guidelines and Procedures listed were determined through input from parents, officials from the City of Fort Worth and from schools with similar layouts. Combining common courtesy with adherence to the listed Guidelines and Procedures should make Drop Off and Pick Up times safe and manageable.
1. For your convenience, carpools or families with multiple children can drop off and/or pick up at one location. You must pick up your group at the youngest child's pick up location. Older students will be asked to meet their younger siblings prior to the end of the school day.
2. Please do not leave your car unattended in the Drop Off or Pick Up lanes. Should you need to park and enter the building, you must park in a designated parking space. Parking is always available on either side of the loop as you enter. Once you enter or are past the curve, parking is restricted at all times closest to the building and from 7:25 – 7:55 am and 2:40 – 3:25 pm on the left hand side of the loop closest to the building.
3. Adults and the children they are assisting must use marked crosswalks. Should your child ever need to cross without you we want him/her to know the appropriate places to do so.
4. At Pick Up time, you must display your "Name Sign" (the name of student(s) you want loaded) in the front or side window of your vehicle. This will notify school personnel loading cars which student(s) to have ready when you pull into the loading zone. Please make certain that anyone transporting your child to/from school has a copy of this sign along with the Traffic Plan. If a "Name Sign" is not displayed, you will be asked to park and proceed to the office, where you will be required to show your driver's license, to verify you are authorized to pick up the child/children. At that time, you will be provided with a note to release the child/children.
5. When driving through the entryway, please give your full attention to student safety. Cell phone usage in a school zone is illegal. Please do not use your phone during Drop Off or Pick Up.
6. It is recommended that children under the age of 12 ride in the back seat of a vehicle. Therefore, we will load all students in the back seat unless directed otherwise.
Morning Drop Off
- First Grade Drop Off: 1st Grade students should be dropped off in the inside lane (closest to the curb) of the Bus Circle (North side) allowing them easy access to the cafeteria doors where they will enter and go directly to their classroom.
- Drop off time and supervision begins at 7:35 a.m. daily. Students who arrive earlier than that will need to be enrolled in the Clayton Daycare Program offered on site. Students who arrive between 7:35 – 7:55 a.m. will go directly to their classrooms.
1. All students in grades K, and 2-4 should be dropped off in the front (East side) of the building. Drivers should enter and exit the traffic circle from General Worth. Two lanes are used for Drop-off. Kindergarteners will be dropped off at the first awning. Kinders will go directly into the Kinder hallway and their classroom. Students in grades 2-4 will be dropped off at the second awning. They will go directly to their classrooms. Staff will be on duty from 7:35 – 7:55 a.m. to assist students. Please note: Students who are not in class at 7:55 a.m. will be counted tardy.
2. Students should remain in vehicles until the driver stops completely. Please make sure your child is prepared to exit your vehicle when it comes to a safe stop. School staff will be on duty to supervise until 7:55 a.m.
3. After your child has safely exited your car, please continue to pull through, in the same lane, until you exit the traffic circle.
4. Your child will enter the building through the door they are dropped off at, and will go directly to their classroom.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Please note there is NO PARKING in the East side traffic circle (closest to the building) from 2:40 – 3:25 p.m.
1. Kindergarten Parent Pick Up – All kindergarten and 3rd grade students who will be car riders or meeting parents to walk home, will go to the front of the building (East side) at the first canopy as you make the hairpin turn in the traffic circle. Therefore, drivers need to stay in the far right hand lane (lane 2 on the Afternoon Pick Up Map). Please stay in your car, display your "Name Sign", and wait for school personnel to load your child/children. After the students are loaded in your car, school personnel will direct you to pull to the outside lane in order to exit the traffic circle. It is extremely important that you not pull out until directed to do so. If you are walking up to the building to pick up your child, please do not stand underneath the canopy. Once all children have exited the building, your child will be called to meet you.
2. 2nd Grade and 4th Grade Parent Pick Up – All 2nd grade and 4th grade students who will be car riders or meeting parents to walk home, will go to the second canopy in the traffic circle. Drivers should enter the traffic circle (lane 1 on the Afternoon Pick Up Map) and remain in the center lane until they reach the loading area. Please stay in your car, display your "Name Sign" and wait for school personnel to load your child/children. After your student(s) are loaded, you may pull through and exit the traffic circle. If you are walking up to the building to pick up your child, please do not stand underneath the canopy. Once all children have exited the building, your child will be called to meet you.
3. 1st Grade and 3rd Grade Parent Pick Up – All 1st grade students will be dismissed from the first grade wing in the back (West side) of the school. Enter the lot from Dalton and stay to the far right, following the lane around to the first grade wing—cones are placed at the loading area. Please stay in your car, display your "Name Sign" and wait for school personnel to load your child/children. After your student(s) are loaded, you may pull through and exit back onto Dalton.
We do not allow anyone to walk up to the building to pick up your child. If you do not have a vehicle, you may come to the office with your car sign or photo ID to pick up your child.
Again, for your convenience, carpools or families with multiple children can have one pick up location. However, you must pick up your group at the youngest child's pick up location.
Walkers and bike riders exit the building between the cafeteria and gym and use the sidewalk to reach designated crosswalks (no student will be allowed to cross the street without using the designated crosswalks). Children will not be released to parents/guardians and will be required to remain with the walker line until they reach the stop sign at Dalton and General Worth. If you have concerns regarding this practice please see campus administration to discuss alternatives for your child.