Your School Counselor loves to help!
Hello students and parents! I am Mrs. Nakia Alford-Sunday.
As a School Counselor, I offer the following services to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Promote social emotional learning
- Promote AVID strategies
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings (SITS)
- Organize and chair acceleration testing
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- A parent may request individual counseling for their child by contacting me via email, letter or telephone. Permission is needed for any child to receive regular counseling, whether individual or group.
I would like to remind parents that students are not in trouble when referred to my office, but our time is focused on being a non-threatening interaction, in which to reflect and problem solve.
When your child talks to the school counselor, the discussion is confidential. The only time I will disclose confidential information is if your child indicates that he/she is planning to harm someone, themselves, or if someone is harming them.
Some exciting activities for students and parents to look forward to;
- Parent Workshops/Meetings
- Celebrate Education
- Red Ribbon Week
- Kindness Week
- Career Day
Phone: (817) 743 - 8212