Applications for the 2023-2024 school year open NOW!
Click HERE to complete your application!
Please read the directions below BEFORE you begin your application:
1. Complete this form online with all of the required documents and attachments. Please note: This application must be completed in one sitting, so please have all of your documents and your video ready to upload BEFORE you start the online application.
**Essay prompt- In the box below, please write a short essay between 100 and 300 words that answers the following prompt: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
(We recommend typing the essay in Word or Docs and then copying and pasting to this text box.)
**Video prompt- Create a 1–2 minute video introducing yourself. Be creative, professional… just be yourself!
2. If you are unable to complete the application online, please seek the assistance of your Campus Counselor who will be able to assist with utilizing a computer to fill out the form.
3. Ask three teachers to fill out the teacher recommendations. It is your responsibility to send them the link and to ensure they complete the form by the deadline. Link is here: https://forms.gle/NMQGTQEicR59F7cT7
4. Attach a PDF copy/screenshot of your latest report card.
5. Attach a PDF copy/screenshot of your current school year attendance record.
6. Attach the link to your YouTube video introducing yourself in the question below. If you need assistance, please watch the following instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtF2AgFSLAw *****Set the privacy setting as "Unlisted".
Create a 1 – 2 minute video introducing yourself. Be creative, professional… just be yourself! The video should be between 1 and 2 minutes long.
7. Interviews may be scheduled if needed.
For questions or assistance, please reach out to your campus counselor, or to the Collegiate Academy Counselor, Jamie Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment and Enrollment at KCA
Keller Collegiate Academy is an early college high school / PTECH model campus within Keller ISD. Our campus is currently focused on the field of healthcare. All students who attend will have the opportunity to earn industry certifications in healthcare while pursuing an associate degree through our dual credit partnership with Tarrant County College.
Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH) are innovative open-enrollment high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to receive both a high school diploma and a credential and/or an associate degree. The hallmark of the P-TECH model is its career focus and the provision of work-based education. P-TECH programs:
- Enroll historically underserved students, targeting at-risk and economically disadvantaged
- Provide students grade 9 through 12 the opportunity to complete a course of study that combines high school and post-secondary courses
- Enable students to earn a high school diploma, along with an associate degree, Level 1 or Level 2 certificate, or industry-based certification within six years
- Offer age-appropriate work-based learning opportunity in every grade level
- Allow students to gain work experience through an internship, apprenticeship, or other job training program
- Align to regional workforce needs, guiding students into high-demand, high-wage careers
- Partner with Texas Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) and regional businesses and industries, giving students access to post-secondary education and workforce training opportunities
The following criteria are considerations in acceptance to Keller Collegiate Academy:
- Essay submitted through application
- Student enrollment in accelerated and advanced courses prior to enrollment at KCA
- Report Card submitted through application
- State Assessment Scores
- Discipline Data
- Teacher Recommendations
- Students classified as ESL, At-Risk, or Economically Disadvantaged
- Student Introduction Video submitted through application
- Attendance Record
Keller Collegiate Academy applications open in November each year. Our recruitment plan includes:
- Visits to each middle school in the fall of each year.
- District-wide emails to all 8th grade families.
- Multiple family information nights at KCA campus in the fall of each year.
- Weekly campus tours and information sessions.
- Open for family tours by appointment.
- Visits with middle school campus counseling teams to promote our program.