Instructional Choice Change Instructions
Below are instructions for changing your student's 2020-21 Instructional Choice.
Families who would like to change their student's instructional choice for the fourth nine-week grading period can access the Instructional Choice Change Request Form in the Aeries Parent/Student Portal from February 4-11.
Please note that if you have multiple students, the form will need to be submitted for each of your students individually, if you would like to request a change from In-Person to Remote@KISD or Remote@KISD to In-Person for each student. Step 3 of the instructions below will detail how to switch between students.
It is recommended that this process is completed using a laptop or computer; however, mobile tips are provided in the instructions for those who would prefer to complete the process from a mobile device.
Accessing the 2020-21 Keller ISD Instructional Choice Change Request Form
Step 1: Log Into the Aeries Parent Portal
Use the URL https://kellerisd.aeries.net/student and enter your Aeries Parent Portal username and password. Your username is the email address you have provided to the District. If you need to recover your password, visit https://kellerisd.aeries.net/student and click "Forgot Password?" If you do not have an account, please contact your campus or click here to submit a request for technical support.
- Once you click on the URL, enter the Username in the "Email" box on the login page and click the "Next" button.
- Enter the Password in the "Password" box and click the "Sign In" button. Please note that upon initially signing in, you will be required to change your password. Also, if either the Username or Password is incorrect, you will see this message: "The Username and Password entered are incorrect," and you will be directed back to the page to verify and possibly correct your Username first.
If your student will be in 9th-12th grades for the 2020-21 school year, please complete Step 2. Parents of all other students can skip to Step 3.
Step 2: Access the Instructional Choice Change Request Form
- Hover your cursor over the "Additional Parent Resources" option on the menu bar and click the "Instructional Choice Change Request Form" option that appears. The "Instructional Change Request Form" option that appears may be centered on the screen, rather than in direct alignment with the option on the menu bar.
- Mobile Tip: Tap the "Additional Parent Resources" item in the menu. The "Instructional Choice Change Request Form" option that appears may be centered on the screen rather than in direct alignment with the option on the menu bar.
- The "Instructional Choice Change Request Form" will open in a new browser tab. DO NOT close the Aeries Parent Portal browser until you have completed the form.
- Mobile Tip: On the URL line of your mobile web browser, you should see a number that specifies how many browser tabs you have open. Clicking on that number should allow you to toggle back and forth between the form and the Aeries Parent Portal, as needed.
- Complete the form, filling out all of the required fields, and select "Submit."
Step 3: Make Selections on the Instructional Choice Change Request Form
- If one of the middle school or high school hybrid courses are on the student schedule, you will be prompted to confirm that you would like to keep the course and can provide your own transportation to the campus.
- You can verify hybrid courses by clicking on the link that shows the complete list of Hybrid Courses in the survey.
If you do not have additional students, please skip Step 4 and move to Step 5.
Step 4: Access Forms for Additional Students
- If you have additional students, after submitting the form for your first student, return to the "Aeries Parent Portal" tab and hover your cursor over the "Change Student" option on the navigation bar. Your other students should appear as options.
- Select your next student and begin again from Step 2.
- Once you have submitted the "Instructional Choice Change Request Form" for all of your students, proceed to Step 5.
- Please note that if you do not see one of your students listed on your account, please contact your campus or click here to submit a request for technical support.
Step 5: Logging Out
- Return to your "Aeries Parent Portal" tab to log out.
- Click on your email address in the top right-hand corner of the page and click the "Log Out" option in the menu.
- Mobile Tip: You may see a cogwheel icon instead of your email address.
Students who have changed their instructional choice will attend their new classes beginning Monday, March 22.