Keller ISD is excited to announce plans to open a P-TECH campus (Pathway in Technology Early College High School) in the fall of 2021.
This program allows students to earn a high school diploma while also earning an industry-recognized associate degree and gaining relevant work experience in a growing field.
Keller ISD will begin with a focus on the healthcare pathway with certification offerings in Paramedics, Surgical Technologists, and Registered Nurses (RN) from Tarrant County College. P-TECH will be open to all students in Keller ISD through an application process. This unique opportunity will allow students to graduate with Texas Education Agency’s high school requirements and up to 60 college hours at little to no cost to students.
The location of P-TECH will be at the current Chisholm Trail Intermediate School. Beginning in the 2020-21 school year, the Panther Pride feeder pattern will make the following adjustments to ensure a smooth transition for students:
- Basswood, Bluebonnet, Heritage, North Riverside, Parkview, and Sunset Valley elementary schools will add fifth grade in 2020-21.
- Vista Ridge Middle School will become a 6th-8th grade campus in 2020-21.
- Students living in the Heritage Elementary attendance zone will now attend Vista Ridge Middle School beginning in 2020-21.
- Chisholm Trail Intermediate School will only house 6th grade in 2020-21.
- Chisholm Trail Intermediate School will close in May 2021.
- Fossil Hill Middle School will become a 6th-8th grade campus in 2021-22.
- P-TECH will open for the 2021-22 school year.
Keller ISD is still working through many details, and will continue to communicate new information as this plan progresses. Please stay tuned to our Keller ISD communications channels in the coming weeks and months as we will share more information about this exciting new opportunity. If you have specific questions as we are in the process of developing P-TECH, please reach out to us at Communications@KellerISD.net.