LADY HAWKS TRACK & FIELD
TRACK & FIELD INFO
- ALL runners will practice during the athletic class periods. (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, 2400m)
Field event practice will be held after school until 4:45PM(Pole vault, High jump, Long jump, Triple jump, Shot Put, Discus, Hurdles)
- Parents and non-athletes are not allowed on the field(s) during practices.
- Please pick up your athlete PROMPTLY.
- Athletes will tryout each week to participate in the upcoming meet. (Only the top three will go the meet)
- Athletes can compete in up to 5 events. (EX. 3 running and 2 field; or 3 field and 2 running)
- Meet Days: Field events start at 4:30pm, running events starts at 5:15pm.
- Buses will leave Timberview between 3:30pm and 4:00pm depending on the driving distance.
- You may sign your athlete out with a coach after their final event.
TRACK PRACTICE FORMAT
3:45PM 8th graders will retrieve belongings from the locker room; 7th grade will transition for practice
GIRL ATHLETES will place all belongings on the home side bleachers of the football field
BOY ATHLETES will place all belongings on the visitor side bleachers of the football field
NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED BACK INSIDE
3:55PM BOYS- (shot put, pole vault, high jump) GIRLS- (long jump, triple jump, discus)
4:20PM BOYS- (long jump, triple jump, discus) GIRLS-(shot put, pole vault, high jump)
4:45PM ADDITIONAL HURDLE WORK
REPORTING AREAS ON BAD WEATHER DAYS:
LONG DISTANCE- small Gym RELAYS- big gym
HIGH JUMP- POLE VAULT- big gym SHOT PUT-DISCUS- small gym
TRIPLE JUMP- concessions hallway LONG JUMP- athletics hallway
POLE VAULT :
If you are interested in being a pole vaulter, you will need to complete the NFHS Coaching Pole Vault Course. Watch all the videos in the course and complete the quiz at the end. When you pass the course print your certificate and turn it in to me or email me a copy, email@example.com. You will need to register for the course. It is a free course but you will need to go through the process of ordering before you can complete all sections and take the test.
TRACK & FIELD RESOURCES:
Rotating over the Bar(PART ONE)
Rotating Over the Bar (PART TWO)
DISCLAIMER: As with any exercise regimen or sports activity, it is recommended that you stretch and warm up prior to and after, in order to prevent injuries.