CREDIT DENIAL AND SEAT TIME INFORMATION
Attendance plays an important role in the success of our students at Timber Creek High School, and state law mandates that they are in class at least 90% of the time – which means students may not have more than 9 absences in 1st/5th periods and no more than 4 absences in 2nd/3rd/4th periods, per semester.
Once a student exceeds the maximum amount of allowable absences, they will need to complete seat time hours to restore their credit. Incomplete hours will result in a loss of credit and may require summer school or retaking the course and can also alter a student’s grade classification.
Your student can check their seat time the following ways:
- Home Access Center has a link entitled “Check Time Owed” that students can access to view their seat time hours in real time. This link must be accessed on Keller ISD Wi-Fi from a Chromebook or a computer in our library. Cellular devices will not have access.
- Seat time hours will be posted outside the Attendance Office each nine weeks.
- Students and/or parents can email email@example.com and request their seat time hours.
Students must obtain a Seat Time Form from our Attendance Office and will bring it to each seat time completion opportunity they attend. This form must be signed by the appropriate staff member. Once they have completed their time, students will turn their Seat Time Form into the Attendance Office.
The options to complete seat time hours at Timber Creek High School are as follows:
1) Students can spend time outside of the school day attending tutorials with their teacher(s) to enhance/reinforce their knowledge of the curriculum. Students will receive double time for this option.
2) Falcon Night School on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in Room M106.
3) Saturday School on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Students must arrive by 7:55 a.m. to meet the assigned staff member at the front entrance of our campus.
*Attending a required practice or rehearsal for Athletics/Fine Arts/CTE is not an acceptable form of completion of seat time hours.
Failure to complete seat time may impact the following:
Retaking of Course
“Off Period” (12th grade) or “Office Aide” (12th grade)
Senior Reserved Parking Space
Each 6 weeks an electronic notice of attendance/seat time will be delivered via phone messenger.
Each 9 weeks seat time will be posted on the wall near the Attendance Office for students to view.
If you have questions about specific absences, please contact your student’s Attendance Clerk:
Last Names A-K firstname.lastname@example.org 817-744-2340
Last Names L-Z email@example.com 817-744-2341
If you would like to inquire about your student’s seat time hours or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-744-2517.