Dual Credit Program
TCC Dual Credit Courses at CHS:
Tarrant County College (TCC) offers several opportunities to enroll in Dual Credit courses during the school year to satisfy both high school and college course requirements. Below are the steps to dual credit registration:
1. Notify your counselor that you wish to take dual credit courses during the annual high school course registration window.
- Connect your application to an email address you will check often (and then actually check your email often)
- You will receive a confirmation email from ApplyTexas immediately with a confirmation number (this is not your TCC ID Number)
- In a week or two you will receive a welcome email from TCC with your TCC Colleague ID Number - take this number to the counseling receptionist
3. Login to your TCC WebAdvisor account for the first time and set up your password and security questions. WRITE DOWN YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION FOR LATER - YOU WILL NEED IT OFTEN. (Login Directions Here)
4. Complete your Pre-Assessment Activity through TCC WebAdvisor. The Pre-Assessment Activity link is under the "Prepare to Register" section of the "Students Menu" once you are logged in to your account.
5. Take the Texas Assessment Initiative (TSI) test - Reading and Writing tests are required for English, Social Studies, Legal Studies, and World Language courses. Reading, Writing, and Math tests are required for Aircraft Maintenence courses. We will inform you of/invite you to the testing dates held at CHS, or you can take/retake the tests at TCC Northwest's testing center if you miss the date or need to retest in a subject.
6. Complete additional pre-registration activites:
- Complete the #notanymore activity in your webadvisor account
- Students taking Dual Government, Dual Macroeconomics, or another online course will need to complete and pass the Online Readiness Assessment
7. Register for Dual Credit courses. Counselors will help new students register the first time; continuing dual credit students will complete registration through their current dual credit courses for the next semester.
8. Pay for dual credit courses. You can pay through TCC WebAdvisor as soon as you complete registration up until the payment deadline for the semester. Paying as soon as you register prevents registration issues later!
Other Dual Credit Opportunities:
- Students wishing to take TCC summer courses or TCC dual credit courses concurrently to their high school schedule should contact their counselor. Additional steps are necessary for these students. For Summer TCC Government & Macroeconomics, please see this information sheet.
- Students taking Dual Credit Animal Science through Weatherford College for the veterinary pathway should complete these application directions.
- Students taking OnRamps Dual Enrollment courses through UT (College Algebra, Dual Precalculus, Dual Statistics, and Dual Physics) only need to add the course to their course selection for the appropriate school year and pay via webstore.
Additional Helpful Documents: