Volunteer Background Check
click here to sign up!
(you will need to log in and apply for volunteer position)
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement and educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program:
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security.
Who Are WatchDOGS?
WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school. During the day, WatchDOGS may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
- Fathers get a glimpse of their students’ everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today’s youth are facing.
- Fathers gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student’s life.
- Students gain positive male role models.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears.
If you have any questions regarding the Watch D.O.G.S. program, or scheduling questions, please call the front office
at (817) 744-5200.