CALLING ALL DADS, GRANDFATHERS, UNCLES, AND MALE ROLE MODELS...
WATCH D.O.G.S. NEED YOU!
Please consider committing one day during the school year on our campus as a Watch D.O.G. Our scholars and teachers enjoy having you with us and appreciate the time you give.
Become a Parkview Watchdog in two easy steps:
1. Submit an online background check application to KISD (select Volunteer Information under Quick Links, click on the provided link, once volunteer form appears click on the "Apply" button located in upper right corner, follow directions to complete application)
2. Sign-Up on Parkview's Watch D.O.G.S. online calendar, enter email address-you will not need to register an account on VolunteerSpot, sign-up for the best day that fits your schedule.
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering.
There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program:
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Are Watch D.O.G.S.?
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one full day during the school year at their child's/student's school.
Watch D.O.G.S. volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their day including helping in the classroom with a teacher's guidance by working with small groups of students on homework, flashcards, or spelling, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
How WATCH D.O.G.S. Works
- Sign-up for one or more days on the Parkview Elementary Volunteer Spot calendar.
- Our counselor, Mrs. Barnett, will receive a notification that you have signed up!
- Arrive to PES at 7:30 am on the day of your assignment dressed in your pre-purchased Watch D.O.G.S. apparel. If you didn't get a chance to order a shirt...no worries, we're still happy to have you!
- Check in with the front office. You will be given a name badge and a specific itinerary for your day which will include time in your student(s) classroom as well as during their recess and lunch.
- At the end of the day, check back in with the office to complete a quick online survey and then head outside to help with dismissal.
Thank you so much for being a Watch D.O.G. today!
Please contact Monique Barnett, Counselor by email or phone at 817-744-5512 with any questions.