Film Festival FAQs
Click on the FAQ below to view the answers:
How do I enter my completed movie?
The entire entry process is completely online.
- Upload your finished video to YouTube or any video-hosting website, your personal website, or an online file hosting service such as Google Drive.
- Fill out the online entry form from this website between March 1 and April 5, 2021.
All entries must be submitted by April 5, 2021.
Can I enter a Class Produced entry in the Virtual Festival?
Yes! Class Produced films are still welcomed in the Virtual Film Festival. They should be entered in the appropriate category and will be judged alongside other entries in that category. Either enter the names of the individual creators on the form (up to 6 students), or if it is a larger group, you can enter a single name for the group.
How will my entry be judged?
Entries will be scored by a panel made up from Keller ISD administrators as well as video industry professionals using a rubric. The films will be awarded for creativity, effectiveness and overall quality.
How will I know if I am selected as a finalist?
Finalists will be announced on Friday, May 7, 2021.
All entrants will be notified by email if they have been named finalists. A complete list of all finalists will also be available online from this website on that day.
How can I improve the quality of my video?
Resources are available from the Film Festival website with hints and tips to improve the look and quality of any movie.
Additionally, here are three main technical areas which can help drastically improve the quality of any entry:
- Use a tripod where possible!
- Make sure you have good lighting - as much light as possible is better. Make sure the light is behind the camera, not in front of it.
- Get the best audio you can - use headphones to monitor sound if your camera has a headphone jack, get close to the sound source so that it can be heard clearly, and if possible, use an external microphone.