Keller ISD Student Film Festival
The 10th KISD Film Festival Celebration is coming!
It has been 10 years since the first Keller ISD Film Festival back in 2008. During that time, the festival has grown significantly both in terms of student involvement and the standard of entries. Over 4000 films have been entered by over 15,000 students during this time, each one demonstrating creativity, engagement, collaboration and technical ability, as well as sheer fun and enjoyment with the process. We have filled movie theaters to capacity and beyond showcasing the students' achievements.
To celebrate this milestone, we are working on producing the biggest Film Festival yet, rewarding more student achievements than ever before and with an event epic in size and scale.
The 10th KISD Film Festival will kick off in August 2018, and will offer more opportunities for involvement, more possibilities for recognition and a greater showcase for celebration. It is our goal to bring an even greater awareness of the opportunities of taking part in the festival in its 10th year, and encourage even more student filmmakers to try their hand at expressing their creativity through this medium. Here are some of the ways we intend to achieve this:
- More entry categories available, offering more creative options for participation
- More finalists per entry category, allowing more students to be recognized for their high quality work
- An expanded entry period affording students sufficient time to work on their entries
- Longer clips presented at the awards gala, rewarding student efforts by showcasing more of their work
- A larger movie theater venue, allowing all students, their families and friends, and the community to enjoy the festival together
- A true festival-style gala event which will celebrate entries over an extended period of time, allowing guests to come and go, or stay for all categories
In order to facilitate the 10th Film Festival on this scale, it will become a year-long event running throughout the entire 2018-19 school year. This extra time is required for implementation, promotion, longer judging periods, and organization of the larger gala event. Further details will be available in the summer. Any movies made during the 2017-18 school year will also be eligible for the 10th Film Festival in 2018-19.
We are extremely excited at the potential of what this big 10th Anniversary event can achieve, and look forward to sharing more details soon!