Recruitment and Enrollment at KCA
Keller Collegiate Academy is an early college high school / PTECH model campus within Keller ISD. Our campus is currently focused on the field of healthcare. All students who attend will have the opportunity to earn industry certifications in healthcare while pursuing an associate degree through our dual credit partnership with Tarrant County College.
Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH) are innovative open-enrollment high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to receive both a high school diploma and a credential and/or an associate degree. The hallmark of the P-TECH model is its career focus and the provision of work-based education. P-TECH programs:
- Enroll historically underserved students, targeting at-risk and economically disadvantaged
- Provide students grade 9 through 12 the opportunity to complete a course of study that combines high school and post-secondary courses
- Enable students to earn a high school diploma, along with an associate degree, Level 1 or Level 2 certificate, or industry-based certification within six years
- Offer age-appropriate work-based learning opportunity in every grade level
- Allow students to gain work experience through an internship, apprenticeship, or other job training program
- Align to regional workforce needs, guiding students into high-demand, high-wage careers
- Partner with Texas Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) and regional businesses and industries, giving students access to post-secondary education and workforce training opportunities
The following criteria are considerations in acceptance to Keller Collegiate Academy:
- Essay submitted through application
- Report Card submitted through application
- Attendance Record
- Teacher Recommendations
- Student Introduction Video submitted through application
- Students classified as ESL, At-Risk, or Economically Disadvantaged
- Student enrollment in accelerated and advanced courses prior to enrollment at KCA
Keller Collegiate Academy applications open in November each year. Our recruitment plan includes:
- Visits to each middle school in the fall of each year.
- District-wide emails to all 7th and 8th grade families.
- Multiple family information nights at KCA campus in the fall of each year.
- Weekly campus tours and information sessions.
- Open for family tours by appointment.
- Visits with middle school campus counseling teams to promote our program.