KISD Planning Guide
When beginning high school, some students are sure of their plans while others are still exploring their options. Campus counselors help each student develop a 4-year personal graduation plan upon entering high school and meet with them to update and refine that plan each year. By planning wisely, a student can create a future in which they can be very successful, whether that be attending college, technical or trade school, going directly into the workforce, or joining the military.
Keller ISD offers a wide range of courses and programs of study designed to help students grow academically and cultivate their interests while keeping their future goals in mind. This Academic Planning Guide has been created to ensure students have the information they need to make informed decisions about their high school course work as they consider future employment and the type of post-secondary endeavors they wish to pursue. Choosing rigorous courses that meet their needs and interests is the best way to prepare for a productive future. Within the pages of this guide there are descriptions for each course offered as well as additional useful information.
We encourage students to use this guide to explore and take advantage of the exceptional opportunities that Keller ISD has to offer, follow through with their personal graduation plans, and create a future in which they will achieve their highest standards of performance.
Cultivating Learners. Inspiring Leaders. Building a Community of Excellence.
Keller ISD will educate students to achieve, inspire them to dream, and challenge them to grow, so that they are prepared to be productive members of the community in which they learn, live, and work.
- Mutual respect and dignity build unity.
- Relationships are the foundation for helping students learn, grow, and dream.
- Engagement happens with opportunities for problem solving and critical thinking.
- Safety and security inspire trust and the confidence to thrive.
- Valuing the voice and feedback of personnel ensures the retention and recruitment of exceptional staff.
- Collaboration and communication encourage community support and involvement.
- Teacher Recruitment and Retention
- Teaching that Focuses on Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication, Respect, and Dignity
Assurance of Nondiscrimination
Cover art provided by:
Gabriel Franco, Fossil Ridge High School