Keller ISD will hold its annual Kindergarten-First-Grade Roundup for the 2017-18 school year on April 3-7, 2017.
The Roundup is an opportunity for new students to register who will be entering Keller ISD for the first time and will be in Kindergarten or First Grade for the 2017-18 school year.
Registration will take place from 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. each day, April 3-7, with special evening hours from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4.
Who is eligible to register?
- Kindergarten: Any child who will be at least five (5) years old on September 1, 2017.
- First Grade: Any child who will be at least six (6) years old on September 1, 2017, and is not currently enrolled in kindergarten in Keller ISD.
Beginning Monday, March 27, through March 31, parents can contact your home campus to schedule a registration appointment. Appointments will not be available until that time.
Parents will need to bring the following items with them to registration:
1. Parent/Guardian Identification (Valid Photo ID)
2. Student Identification. If the student is 11 years old or younger, parents must produce a certified birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, parents must complete the Birth Certificate Exception form and provide one of the following options:
- Adoption Records
- Church Baptismal Record
- School ID Card
- Hospital Birth Record
- Any other legal document that establishes identity
3. Current Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease agreement, contract)
4. Current Immunization Records – Validated by a physician's signature or stamp. Click here for current Immunization Requirements which are also listed on KISD Health Services page. Each validated record must contain month, day, and year.
5. Completed Enrollment Form and Home Language Survey. Completion of forms prior to registration appointment will expedite the process.
Have a little one nervous about starting Kindergarten? Watch the video below and learn more about Kindergarten in Keller ISD from those who know best!